Alpha Building Inspectors started performing inspections before it was fashionable. In 1981, when the parent company Alpha Engineering, Inc. started business, we began a tradition of serving the public by disclosing any structural flaws or design shortcomings we detected in the construction industry. Since then, Alpha Engineering has created a division of Professional Engineers and Technical Assistants devoted to upholding the public’s welfare in the same tradition as the Professional Engineering Code of Ethics. We take seriously our sworn duty to uphold public safety and welfare for property, life and limb.
Types of inspections:
- Buyer’s Inspection – any new or previously owned building or dwelling subject to an inspection report.
- Pre-listing Inspection – for the seller; a third party disclosure. – Let ABI give you a Heads Up on issues that may be disclosed during the Buyer’s Inspection. All reports are held in strict confidentiality.
- Progress Inspection – periodic inspections during various stages of construction from ground breaking to final walk-through, includes a final inspection.
- Maintenance Planning – designed primarily for the elderly, this inspection focuses on budgeting for upcoming repairs or replacement.
- Structural Report – an examination of a known structural defect to determine the extent of damage and possible corrective action.
- Forensic Examination – an examination of a failed system with legal implications such as construction out of code compliance, poor indoor air quality, poor equipment performance, insurance claims, termite damage, etc.
- Needs Assessment – a thorough evaluation of apartment or office buildings for maintenance, safety, code and functionality needs to comply with lender requirements.
Our reports include comments on:
Our home inspections typically require two to three hours for an average size home or small office, and the reports are completed at the conclusion of the inspection. A homeowner’s manual accompanies the report for convenient reference.
Larger buildings (i.e., restaurants, warehouses, multi-level facilities) require a site visit to determine schedules and fees. Reports are building specific and professionally prepared in our office. Every report includes an “Executive Summary” outlining major repairs and associated budgetary costs so you can make an informed investment decision.
All of our tests are non-destructive and very thorough. Our instruments and inspection techniques provide us with versatile methods of unmasking hidden flaws. Topping all of this is ABI’s routine practice of providing unlimited instant digital pictures at no extra charge.
Optional tests available:
ABI is not affiliated with Realtors or Contractors. All our work comes to us from people who spread the word about our services. ABI has established a profound reputation in the community as the client’s champion and an authority on Good Construction Practices as well as Building, Mechanical and Plumbing Codes. Furthermore, our Engineers are keenly aware of issues surrounding wet basements, cracked foundations, broken or weakened joists, termite damage and other structural deterioration.
Alpha Engineering’s ABI division is the only Architectural and Engineering Consulting firm in the Delaware Valley and tri-state region to perform total commercial building and home dwelling inspections. Because we are registered professional engineers, we will make corrective recommendations to structural defects during the inspection and in the final report.